DIY Face Masks Good Enough to Eat!
For dry, parched skin (eg. after a long haul flight), Try this deeply moisturizing face treatment that also softens and soothes the skin.
1 tablespoon milled chia
1 tablespoon raw honey
1/2 avocado, pitted and mashed
1. In a small bowl, mix ingredients together into a paste.
2. Apply to freshly cleansed skin and let it sit for 15-30 minutes.
3. Remove gently with warm water and a washcloth.
Note: You can find milled chia at a health food store or you can grind chia seeds at home using a food processor or a coffee mill until you get a coarse flour-like texture
NUTTY FACE SCRUB
To slough off the dead cells from the outer layer of skin, this is a gentle exfoliating, skin-brightening treatment that leaves you with silky soft skin.
2 tablespoons almond meal
4 tablespoons whole milk
1. Mix ingredients together in a small bowl.
2. Apply mixture to freshly cleansed skin and leave on for 10-15 minutes
3. Gently massaging the mixture onto skin in a circular motion and then wash off with lukewarm water.
ICE YOUR FACE
Try this easy pick-me-up for your skin (after a long day at work and all you want to do is go to bed, but you still have that event or work dinner to attend!). This an excellent way to refresh your skin and shake you out of that tired state. It also tones the skin and acts as a great primer for make up.
1. Cleanse skin.
2. Put an ice cub in a soft gauze cloth and when the cloth is damp, apply to the face.
3. Go over the different parts of the face for one minute.
4. Follow with your skincare.